I am not a voracious reader. I get bored by monotony and I am in a continuous lookout of new thoughts and new ways for improving myself and my surroundings. As you already know, books are excellent source of information and experiences and I do attempt to reach out to them, hold them and read them.
The only problem is that it requires me allocating explicit time and I don’t like sitting around for too long, I quickly get bored and it takes me ages to finish reading books (yea, I am a slow reader) … I also find it hard to read electronic material as it is taxing on my eyes and lacks the feel of holding and reading a book. I have attempted kindle and it definitely feels much better but the original problem of having to allocate and spend explicit time sitting around does not go away… Other sad part is that I cannot read books on the move…
Around six months ago I came across audio books. I like the ones narrated by humans. If the narrator of the book is the author himself, nothing like it. I am just loving it. The feeling that the author is directly talking to me in his own voice, emphasising certain words, sentences is awesome. You have to listen to Tony Robbins to understand the feelings behind.
Moreover, my core problems are gone, I know more have to allocate explicit time and sit around for long time to read books. I can simply listen to them when I am walking, running, driving or travelling. Note – Be cautious of your surroundings while listening to audio books.
- Now, suddenly walking and running has become fun. Prashant KS has challenged the IDeaS Pune employees to run at least 10K in the upcoming Pune International Marathon on 4th Dec 2016. Follow hash tag #IDeaS10K on twitter to track the progress of our practice.
- Traffic no more bothers me and driving in general has become pleasure as I keep listening to my audio books while driving…
- Travel is no more lonely, as I have company of so many authors providing me valuable advice.
In the last six months I have listen to following books
- Cashflow Quadrant – Robert Kiyosaki
- Increase Your Financial IQ – Robert Kiyosaki
- To Human is to Sell – Daniel Pink
- How To Win Friends And Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- iWoz – Steve Wozniak
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John Maxwell
- Lessons in Mastery – Tony Robbins
- The Power To Influence – Tony Robbins
- Linchpin – Seth Godin
- Start with Why- How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action – Simon Sinek
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Audiobook – Stephen Covey
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Steve Jobs Way – iLeadership for a New Generation – Jay Elliot
What is your experience of listening to audio books?
Which books would you recommend me?
Keep listening, keep experimenting, keep learning, keep growing, keep sharing…