Prev – The excitement and the disappointment
After going through the SAS logs I found that it was not doing operations on large data set, but it was doing larger number of very small data set operations. I realized that in the test we were forecasting for next 10 years, which was not necessary. I change the configuration to forecast window to 60 days and it brought down the test time from 50+ minutes for this specific job to around 12 minutes. I found the solution very silly, something that probably I should have looked earlier. lol. My new hypothesis started proving correct. Now next I had to look at the java tests, I thought profiling the code could give me more insights.
Next – CPU profiling for rescue